Monday, April 12, 2010

i wish i had a farm.

I had the joy of venturing down to the dallas farmers market with Paige and Leah on Saturday. This is something I have wanted to do for quite a while now so when I saw that the forecast was perfect and knew I had two of my besties to accompany me I figured it was now or never. After proposing this idea and getting a favorable response from both we packed up our (Leah's) environmentally friendly grocery sacks and headed downtown. There was more fruit and veggies, herbs and flowers than I could have imagined. We had a wonderful time perusing the market and were able to walk away lots of delicious produce! This is a trip that L and I will perhaps be making weekly. I would highly recommend finding a friend you can split the produce with - I mean who needs 8 grapefruits in a week? Oh and definitely go hungry there are plenty of samples to be had :)
(pardon the terrible iphone photos - camera of course died as we walked in the gates!)

No comments:

Post a Comment